When it comes to making the decision to foster, you really want to meet the fostering provider face to face. During this time of social restriction, we can’t offer a physical meeting with you but we can do the next best thing! We are offering one-to-one online appointments to anyone who is interested in fostering. This will give you the opportunity to “meet” one of the team online and ask any questions you may have. We can help you to decide if fostering is right for you and give you a realistic picture of what it involves.
If you would like to meet with one of the team from the comfort of your own home, just complete the form. It would be helpful to have your contact details and postcode and a rough idea of days and times of day that most suit you. We will then contact you directly to set up an appointment. Our online appointments are held via Zoom so all you need is a device with internet connection.
How will the online fostering appointments work?
- We will contact you by phone or email to agree a date and time for the appointment
- We will send you a link which you will access on the agreed date and time
- You will be connected via video to one of the team who can answer all your questions
What happens if I want to apply to foster?
A lot will depend on the restrictions in place at the time. We will either:
- Offer a home or garden visit so that we can meet properly face to face
- Offer a virtual home visit – this will be another online appointment to do a quick tour of your house and view the room(s) available for fostering
Should we all still want to go ahead we would then send you an application form.
During this time, we are continuing to recruit, assess and approve foster carers and are successfully taking applicants through to panel, so if you feel that now is the time to make your dreams of fostering a reality, there is no need to wait.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for all the latest fostering information